Thursday, May 29, 2014

I'm in the Band!

Several weeks ago, we visited a local arts building. They have dance, music, and art classes there. From what we understand, it is ran by the city. We met with the director of the band (we call him maestro...partly because we can't seem to remember his first name) who was enthusiastic about adding a new member. On the second practice I learned that our next performance would be in a week. So, last Tuesday, with the help of my sweet friend in this picture, I found a uniform that fits well. The only thing I was missing was the hat ("chapéu" in Portuguese)... we can't have everything, right?! ;-)

Our concert started at around 9:30 and lasted for 2 hours. There was also a choir and a small folk ensemble from the local college campus. As the choir (comprised mostly of elderly people) sang I wished like everything that I could bottle up the moment. I wish I could show you just how passionate, caring, and tender this community really is. What a privilege and gift to be able to play alongside them! I'm thankful and amazed at how God knew about this ensemble before we got here even though we didn't. I'm grateful that He gives gifts and magnificent opportunities to use them!

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment